- Thursday Classes Summerville
- Summerville Thursdays 12:10 PM
- Premo: Worldview (Th 12:10 pm)
Premo: Worldview (Th 12:10 pm)
Premo High School Biblical Worldview
Rotation One: Understanding the Times
Instructor: Craig Premo
Email address: CraigPremo@sheep.education
Phone Number: 843-810-3746
Monthly Cost: $43
Material Fee: $55
Supplies and Books required
- Textbook “Understanding the Times - A Survey of Competing Worldviews”
- (I hope to order these in a batch altogether for group discount)
- Personal Bible
- Composition Notebook (for journals and notes)
- Pencils, Pens, and highlighters
Understanding the Times (9th-12th) prepares young believers to defend a Christian worldview against other belief systems. This curriculum is designed to help high school students clearly understand the tenets of the Christian worldview, and how they compare to that of the leading humanistic worldviews of our day. Students will learn how to apply their Christian faith to every area of life: theology, philosophy, ethics, biology, sociology, psychology, law, politics, economics, and history. Some of the issues covered include abortion, apologetics, cults, evolution, feminism, homosexuality, naturalism, moral relativism, pluralism, relationships, socialism, and many more. By the end of this course, the student will become self-aware of their own personal worldview, as well as properly articulate all facets of their Christian faith. They will be fully equipped to apologetically defend the truths of the Gospel, and battle against the vain, fruitless teachings of worldly philosophy. The topics discussed are challenging, and the confidence in Christ they will gain is invaluable as we will all seek to cement our trust in Christ as the only solid foundation on which we stand.
Different Every Year!
This course keeps the central focus of developing a student’s biblical worldview at its core, but its material will change each semester to cover different themes. This means that new students will always be welcome, but this class is also open to returning students to continue developing their faith, arming themselves with more tools in their toolbelt to combat our culture. It is divided as such:
- Rotation 1: Understanding the Times teaches students how to identify and counter opposing worldviews
- Rotation 2: Understanding the Faith shows students how to defend and promote the biblical worldview
- Rotation 3: Understanding the Culture outlines the key social issues of our time and how to positively shape culture
- Students are to arrive on time and be ready to begin. Each of our 50 minutes together is short and precious, and no time should be wasted!
- I hope to make this class as engaging and enlightening as possible, and I expect the students to bring their own enthusiasm to class as they participate in class discussions, as this will make up the majority of our time together.
- Students will always maintain a respectful mindset towards the teacher, and the others around them as we will often be discussing heavy (and sometimes sensitive) topics
Course Schedule: Each of our 10 UNITS will have:
- Homework assignments
- One writing assignment
- One project or presentation (varied)
- A Unit Test
- 20% Homework/Class Discussions/Journal Entries
- 20% Writing Assignments
- 30% Projects/Presentations
- 30% Tests
**Grades will be given for high school classes. Credits toward graduation are determined by parents and accountability Groups. SHEEP does not issue high school credits.