Pasiecznik: High School Biblical Worldview Moncks Corner
Instructor: Alex Pasiecznik
Email address: Alex@freedomchurch.sc
Phone Number: 540-809-3867
Monthly Cost: $35
Material Fee: $30
Supplies and Books required:
- Textbook “Lightbearers” by Summit Ministries - Biblical Worldview Curriculum
- Composition Notebook (for journals and notes)
- Pencils, Pens, and highlighters
Course Description: The Lightbearers Homeschool curriculum is designed to help high school students clearly understand the tenets of the Christian worldview, and how they compare to that of the leading humanistic worldviews of our day. Students will learn how to apply their Christian faith to every area of life: theology, philosophy, ethics, biology, sociology, psychology, law, politics, economics, and history. Some of the issues covered include abortion, apologetics, cults, evolution, feminism, homosexuality, naturalism, moral relativism, pluralism, relationships, socialism, and many more! By the end of this course, the student will become self-aware of their own personal worldview, as well as properly articulate all facets of their Christian faith. They will be fully equipped to apologetically defend the truths of the Gospel, and battle against the vain, fruitless teachings of worldly philosophy. The topics discussed are challenging, and the confidence in Christ they will gain is invaluable as we will all seek to cement our trust in Christ as the only solid foundation on which we stand.
- Students are to come in each day and get started on their journals. Each of our 50 minutes together is short and precious, and no time should be wasted!
- I hope to make this class as engaging and enlightening as possible, and I expect the students to bring their own enthusiasm to class as they participate in class discussions, as this will make up the majority of our time together.
- Students will always maintain a respectful mindset towards the teacher, and the others around them as we will often be discussing heavy (and sometimes sensitive) topics
Schedule: Each of our 10 UNITS will have:
- Homework assignments
- Class Participation
- One project or presentation (varied)
- A Unit Test
- 20% Homework/Class Discussions
- 20% Class Participation
- 30% Projects/Presentations
- 30% Tests